
The title of the post is a reference to the musical 1776, which Mark watches every July 4th, and also to the fact that Sam and I arrived in Virginia, safe and sound, on Friday. So far we have settled in to the apartment, gone to the Original Pancake House, swam in the pool, gone to a BBQ, checked out the playground, had friends over for dinner, set up Skype (although the tempermental internet connection leads to annoying delays, sorry!), met up with the Foreign Service Playgroup in a park, found sources of kosher meat, and received our airfreight.
And tomorrow, the Zoo! Mark's class is going there on a field trip to practice their language skills, and Sam and I will be along for the ride. I've thought about answering them in Hebrew/Spanish/Latin, but most likely I'll go with English, Sam-ese, and laughter. Photos to follow...

2 comments:
Hope you're having fun at the zoo! Let's Skype tomorrow (Saturday). Will you be around? FYI Re: yesterday, you're not supposed to call someone to say, "let's Skype"...you're just supposed to Skype them OR email...then you don't spend any money! LOL...
I'm in class until 4:00 our time, so after that is good. And we're just Skyping for practice right now, Mr. Smartypants.
Post a Comment