The week after next, Mark and two colleagues are going to a conference in Kathmandu, Nepal, and Sam and I are coming along! So are the husband and kids of one of the other attendees. It's pretty exciting, and will be our first trip out of India since arriving in November. The only firm item on my agenda is to capture a small yeti, other than that I'm flexible. :)
Seriously, we are thrilled at the chance to explore the city, maybe take in some Mt. Everest-related sites, feel cooler temperatures (40 F at night, wow!), and hopefully push Sam around in one of the strollers that's mothballed in stroller-unfriendly Chennai.
When we found out that we were going, I thought that Cat Stevens' song Kathmandu was playing in my head, but it was really Bob Seeger's Kathmandu. I like Cat's better, but Bob's works pretty well as a way to sing the title of this post.
I promise to take lots of photos, and to blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How long are you going to be there?
Technically for five days, but the first and last are travel days (it's around 8 hours away including layovers).
Post a Comment