Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Mango

Back when I was pregnant with Sam, before we knew his gender, Mark had a dream that we had a boy and that I insisted on naming him "Peachy." We both thought that was pretty funny, especially since we were living in Georgia at the time (the state, not the republic). So for the rest of my pregnancy, the developing baby was known as Peachy. Lori's daughter Anna, four at the time, weighed in that she didn't think Peachy was a very good name for a boy, and was relieved to hear that he wouldn't be called that after he was born.




Once we knew we were going to India and that our time in Chennai would coincide with wanting to have a second child, Mark and I decided that its in-utero name would be The Mango in honor of one of India's native fruits (the kind that will hopefully grow on the tree in our courtyard come May!).



Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Mango:

Here s/he is in a close-up:



In other words, I'm pregnant and the baby is due at the beginning of September (the actual due date is September 7, my parents' 40th wedding anniversary). :)

If all goes as planned, Sam and I will fly to California in July and stay there for at least three months. Mark will join us for several weeks of that time, and when The Mango is six weeks old we'll all fly back home to Chennai. Incidentally, if anyone reading this has an OB you like with admitting privileges at Cedars-Sinai or UCLA, let me know!


Stay tuned for more Mango developments, and we look forward to seeing many of you this Summer!

8 comments:

Ariella said...

YAY! I am so excited...especially with the coming home part. :)

Bev said...

Congrats again!

My little sister is also pregnant, with her first, and so far the baby is known as "Muppet" :-)

Roberta said...

For Sam:

Congratulations little man. You're going to have a sib to play with and tend. How exciting. Please tell your mommy and daddy how happy and pleased we are for them.

Love,
Roberta and Doug

Jami said...

So exciting for you all! I hope you are feeling well. I don't know if my OB has admitting privileges, but I like him and he delivered both Hallie and Brendan... Timothy Tsui with Cedars Sinai Medical Group... Take care!!

Adam said...

We had Dr. Tsui deliver Brandon and he was AWESOME!

Lori said...

My neighbor delivered at Cedars in Sept. She works there, too, so I'll ask her for some recommendations.

Congrats! Can't wait to see you all, even though it means a long sad separation from Mark. We are so excited for another little Mishkin.

I heard it is illegal to find out the sex in India. True? Are you going to try to do it elsewhere, or be content with not knowing?

Lisa said...

Thanks for the congrats and advice, everyone. I just checked, and Dr. Tsui is on our providers list, so yay!

Kelly said...

Congrats, Lisa! That's great news! Hopefully I can see you if you do indeed end up in Cali!